Search This Blog

Friday, February 18, 2011

ボランティア 七日目

1:01 - I would have been on time if the bus wasn't so slow.
 
1:13 - I officially start now; yes it takes 12 minutes to get there and prepare
 
1:18 - It LOOKS like a busy day, but is it really? For me that is. We shall see.
 
1:28 - The doctor's list doesn't fail; you fail the doctor's list
 
1:48 - Seems like a lot of UBC students have left something in the lecture hall, which is of course locked due to the lack of classes
 
1:56 - As of now I would have to say this is one of the busier days for me. But will it keep up?
 
2:23 - Spent the last 30 minutes shuffling wheelchairs around the 3 major buildings because two of them (One of them being the one I work in) had a deficit of wheelchairs while the last one had an abundance.
 
2:25 - When I returned, I see a tramp making a scene with security. Do not want to get involved.
 
2:31 - "You should need a driver's license to drive this thing". Funny, because I can't even parallel park a wheelchair. Can't think of a time I would need to though.
 
2:45 - "Can you take my coffee up there". That's a new one. What am I, a busboy now? At least I was thanked by name; second time now.
 
3:00 - Building services? That's a new one.
 
3:04 - This is a no smoking zone and I will exert authority to make sure it stays that way!
 
3:14 - While we're still on the topic of coffee, got a Strawberry Frap (Granted there's no actual coffee in the drink, it was still ordered from q coffee shop.
 
3:25 - Not much happens at this time except for UBC students going home and me sipping my drink.
 
3:30 - Someone finally asked for the lab. Rejoice!
 
3:38 - One of the automatic doors is stuck halfway. You can still walk through it, but barely. I had to call higher authorities to deal with it.
 
3:45 - Door is fixed; all they had to do was pull it back in place. Even I could have done that! But I didn't want to be liable if it broke anymore. With the door fixed, I can leave in peace

No comments:

Post a Comment