Search This Blog

Sunday, January 2, 2011

ラブシック スクール ガール 章一

Sunday is Fanfiction time! (Save us all)

I am practically forcing myself to finish this, because I started the story 2-3 years ago, and got lazy. That's the problem with multi's; you either get lazy or you run out of ideas to keep the story going.

But the thing I enjoy about multi's is that there's room for character development, which I consider to be one of the most important things in any story. With Touhou, character personality is rarely canon, which allows the fans to interpret them as they wish.

The first few chapters were written back in my high school days, so there is an obvious jump of diction improvement as the story progresses.

Chapter 1: Normal Routine

As I approached Moriya High School, a feeling of nervousness overwhelmed me.  I wasn’t a very social person in elementary school and that didn’t change during my three years of middle school.  I had always considered how boring the normal routine of life was, to go to school five days a week and nothing of interest would ever happen.  Nevertheless, it was only three more years until university, but I highly doubted that anything would be different, minus the increased work load.  With these thoughts in mind, I sighed and entered the establishment.
            I glanced around the building to see all of its features.  While wandering throughout the hallways, I glared dumbfounded at the building map.  It was not until after 15 minutes did I locate my home room, and even so that was a complete accident.  Shyly, I went inside the room.  The classroom was very nostalgic to me, as it coincidentally looked like my middle school one.  There were some major differences as well, and I couldn’t help but to examine every inch of the room.  Still deep in my train of thought, someone was walking to me.
            “Hey Alice, how lucky are we to be in the same home room?” 
The voice was unmistakably familiar to me; it was Patchouli. 
Half conscious that I was conversing with her, I replied “I guess so.” 
Like I said before, I wasn’t very social, and Patchy (My nickname for her) was one of the few friends that I had.  I met Patchy during the last year of middle school.  She had come from Scarlet Devil Private School and transferred into my home room halfway through the first semester.  Patchy and I became fast friends, mainly because we were both anti social and we shared the interest of acquiring knowledge from books.  Speaking of knowledge, I found it ironic that Patchy’s last name was indeed Knowledge.  Having a last name like Margatroid wasn’t very appealing to me.
            Our catching up was interrupted by the sound of the school bell.  It was a very deep continuous honking noise, which made me wonder why in the world they were called bells in the first place.  The teacher entered the room and introduced herself.  Ms. Kamishirasawa seemed like the easy going kind of teacher, and I really didn’t mind, just as long as the class was in order.
            The first order of business was a seating plan, in which she randomly set up.  I was to be sitting next to Marisa Kirisame, someone I knew from my elementary school.  Patchy was sitting right across from me, as if we were opposites on a spectrum.  Every once in a while I would glimpse at what Patchy was doing, and for the entire class she was just looking in my direction.  Did I have something on my face?  Rubbing my hands over my face repeatedly didn’t cease her staring, so she probably wasn’t diverting her attention to me.
            After class, as I was heading towards the exit Patchy stopped me. 
“You are so lucky!” she exclaimed. 
I was silent for a bit trying to comprehend what could make Patchy so excited as if I had won the lottery. 
“You get to sit next to Marisa, and she is the pinnacle of cuteness!  I mean I would just love to be with her alone and –”
“Hold it!” I cut her off before she could comment anything else.  “I thought we agreed that you wouldn’t say anything risqué around me.  You may be a pervert but I certainly am not.”
“Don’t worry Alice, you’ll think the way I do sooner or later.” she assured me.
I walked home pondering how Patchy could have finished that sentence.  I decided that I wouldn’t let Patchy say or do anything to Marisa for two reasons.  The first reason was that because I knew Marisa from elementary school, even though she didn’t go to the same middle school as I.  Although I didn’t know her very well, I still felt a connection which made me believe that it was my duty to preserve her innocence from the likes of Patchy.  My second reason was solely because I had always been a second banana to Patchy.  She had always taken my satisfaction from being the best in the class, and combined with her attitude, just made me explode from the inside.  This was the perfect opportunity to finally beat Patchy at something, albeit not anything school related, but the sheer pleasure of Patchy losing was exhilarating enough for me.
The next day I went to class a bit earlier than Patchy did.  Marisa was sitting there reading a book when I arrived.  I decided to take this opportunity to converse with her, just to make Patchy jealous.  After some idle conversation with Marisa, Patchy finally came, and when she witnessed what I was doing, the rage inside her built up.  She tried to conceal her anger the best she could, but I could clearly see through this façade. 
Perhaps this school year would not be as boring as I anticipated.  I was sure that Marisa Kirisame would intensify the amount of fun I could derive from daily school life, and maybe this would be the beginning of a not so normal routine after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment