Search This Blog

Sunday, January 16, 2011

ラブシック スクール ガール 章三


Chapter 3: How Un/Lucky
            For a History class field trip, we had to go see a movie.  There was no school bus, so we would have to get there on our own.  Patchy was in a different History class than I was, and their class wasn’t going.  Marisa was also in another History class, but it was only Patchy’s class which didn’t go to this field trip.  Seeing as this was another perfect opportunity to annoy Patchy, I decided to ask Marisa to go with me.
            “Hey Marisa, here’s the pen I borrowed yesterday.” I said.
            “Thanks ze~” She replied with her soft voice.
            “Is your History class going to the field trip?” I asked already knowing the answer.
            “Yeah, why?”
            “Want to go with me?  That way in case we get lost then we aren’t alone.” My heart beat much slower anticipating an answer.
            “Sure ze~” Just as she replied, Patchy walked into the classroom, jealous as usual.  If only she knew what Marisa had just agreed to, her face would be all the redder.
            On the day of the field trip, I was at the bus stop waiting when Marisa showed up.  We exchanged hellos and waited patiently for the next bus.  When it arrived however, the bus didn’t stop and just went on.  I could see that it was jam packed with people, the majority being students from our school.  When the second bus arrived, we went on and took a seat.  Looking around, I couldn’t see anyone from our school, but after a more thorough search, I found two students.  Unfortunately for me, it was Nitori and Aya, the two annoyances in my life.
            “Ello Margatroid!” Aya said.
            “Yes, hi…” I said sadistically.
            “Oh ho ho Alice, who did you bring along?” Aya suggestively asked.
            “Her?  She’s Marisa, a friend from my home room.”
            “Margatroid, now I understand what you mean when you said you don’t not li-” I covered her mouth before she could finish.
            “Would you excuse us for a moment?” I said while dragging Aya into the crowd of people to the back of the bus.  Marisa looked confused while Nitori continued to tinker with her inventions.
            “I hope you’re not getting the wrong idea Aya.”
            “What?  That you lik-” Once again I covered her mouth before she could finish.
            “Listen you!  I don’t want gossip like this to ruin my reputation!”
            “What reputation?”
            “Just shut up and speak no more of this.” I said while dragging her back to where Marisa and Nitori were.
            “Looks like I’ve found a weakness in the great Alice Margatroid after all!”
            “Nonsense, I have but one weakness and this is far from it.” I hastily replied.
            “Ooh, so you do have a weakness!”
            “How do you always get this stuff out of me?”
            “I’m the school’s number one reporter for a reason!”
            “Well this weakness isn’t what you’re thinking, so just forget about it.” I said while returning to my seat.”
            The rest of the day was straightforward.  We watched the movie, which wasn’t very entertaining, but that’s to be expected for a school field trip.  After I said farewell to Marisa as she went her way, I headed home when Aya decided to give me another annoying visit.
            “So Margatroid, that Nitori girl sure is interesting.” Aya said from behind.
            “What the…?  How long were you following me?”
            “Not long, don’t worry.”
            “Well what about Nitori?” I asked perplexingly.
            “I had an interesting conversation with her, that’s all.  It went something like this…”

“So Nitori…” I said
            “What do you want, you Tengu?” Nitori asked rudely.
            “Now just because I’m a Tengu and you’re a Kappa doesn’t mean we can’t talk does it?  I just want to know what you think about Alice.”
            “What do I think?” Nitori’s pitch increased.  “I think she’s a simpleton whose smartness is only a façade and that she fails to realize what true genius is.  She brags about how smart she is, only because she has a number that is greater than everyone else’s.  Maybe I should take her suggestion and make her a muffler after all.”
            “Don’t waste your time with a muffler girl!  You just need to know how to push the right buttons.  It just so happens that Margatroid has one weakness that will make her cease her bragging.”
            “Is that so…?” Nitori appeared interested for the first time in this conversation.
            “Yep.  It’s tried and true by yours truly!  I only know a part of it, so I’ll leave it to you to find out, since you claim to be such a genius!”
           
“Didn’t I tell you to drop it?” I angrily asked.
            “You said you wanted your life to be more interesting, and I’m just here to deliver.  This is a chance to prove that you aren’t the simpleton that Nitori claims you to be!”
            “Magic Sign Artful Sacrifice...” I declared as I took out my spell card.
            “Margatroid, you know the rules!  No danmaku during school time!” Aya quickly said.
            “I won’t hesitate to blast your brains out the next chance I get just because you have become a constant nuisance to me.”  I put my spell card away and headed back to my home in the Forest of Magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment