Search This Blog

Sunday, January 23, 2011

ラブシック スクール ガール 章四


Chapter 4: Into a Game

            Valentine’s Day had come and gone, and as expected, Patchy wasn’t brave enough to buy Marisa a gift.  I could have bought her a gift just to annoy Patchy some more, but then I wouldn’t want Marisa to get the wrong idea.  The daily conversations with her were enough to satisfy me.
            While working on a school paper, I had an unexpected visit from none other than Nitori.
            “Alice.” Nitori promptly said.
            “What is it?” I asked, still confused as to why she would stop playing with her inventions to talk to me.
            “I heard from Hina that you fancy this girl.  Could this be the weakness that the Tengu was talking about?” Nitori said with the usual smirk.
            “Why does this concern you?” I said while silently cursing Aya.
            “Because then I won’t have to waste time inventing something to cover your mouth.”
            “I can assure you that any rumors about me are false.” I told her with a different tone.
            “And I can assure you that by changing your tone like that, you are supporting my genius theory.”
            “Don’t be so quick to jump to conclusions.” I retorted as Nitori went back to her seat.
            I hunted down Aya after school to see if Nitori had talked to her at all since the conversation we had at the movies.  Unfortunately my assumptions had become a reality.
            “Ello Margatroid!”
            “Did Nitori come bug you about this supposed weakness I have?”
            “She sure did.  She asked me on the computer, and I still have the logs on my computer.  Check them out if you want.”

“Heh, you’re trying really hard to crack Alice open aren’t you?” I said.
What do you mean?  How?” Nitori inquired.  “You mean the weakness thing that you know and I don’t?  I don't care, as I got an even better one, unless it's the same...  If it is, I think you can confirm it. By the way, what did she say to you about me?”
“I dunno maybe, want confirm if they are the same?” I asked.
“But you already know mine, and the part you don't know Alice has confirmed for you.”
“So what has Alice told you?”
“Alice doesn’t tell me anything.” Nitori firmly said.
“Ah but Alice told me that you know something so I'll assume that you know something about her secret.”
This is yet again, confirmation of my theory.  But she didn't tell me anything. Hina enlightened me, and I composed my genius theory myself.”
           
“I have this feeling that my life is being turned into a game by the likes of you two.” I said awkwardly.
            “But doesn’t this make things more interesting?” Aya stated.
            I was silent for a bit, contemplating the truth in that question.  With nothing better to say, I frustratingly told Aya “This is all Patchy’s fault!”
            “Oh, how so?”
            “I’ll give you the gist of it.  I’m talking and hanging out with Marisa as revenge against Patchy.  Let’s just say that Patchy wants to do some interesting things to Marisa, but I’m the obstacle preventing her from doing so.  I’ll defend Marisa even if it means a spell card battle* with Patchy.”
            “Oh Alice, Patchy is better than you at school and spell cards, there’s no way you could compete with her in those basis.”
            “I can try”
            “Just keep this in mind Margatroid.  There’s more to Nitori’s actions than meets the eye.”
            “What do you mean?” I asked her.
            “I’ll leave it to you to find out, since you claim to be such a genius!”
            As I walked home through the Forest of Magic, I saw Patchy going the opposite way from a distance.  I wondered why Patchy was here, seeing as she lived near the Scarlet Devil Private School, which is far from here.  The curiosity consumed me and I ran to Patchy.
            My question was to the point.  “Patchy, what are you doing here?”
            “Stalking.” I heard her say.
            “I’m sorry, what?”
My ears could hardly believe what she had said.  But then she said it again.  “I’m stalking.”
“Me?” I nervously asked.
            “Pfft, no.”  I had a brief feeling of relief, but that was crushed soon after her next statement.  “I’m stalking Marisa.”  Her claim was strengthened by the fact that in her hand was a book titled ‘How to passively stalk a person in black in front of you.”
            That’s right.  Marisa also lived in the Forest of Magic, albeit nowhere near my house.  I thought that staring at her all class would be enough for his sick urges, but it appeared to be not.
            I sighed, and then asked her with a more serious voice. “You’re still not over her?”  I waited for a response but there was silence.  “Face it; if you aren’t going to take action, nothing will happen.  I suggest you just move on and forget about something with a 0% chance of happening.”
            “But I can’t!  I just love the way she does her hair, the cute black witch hat with the purple stripe, how her body is –”
            “I’ve heard enough!  It’s getting late; we’ll talk about this later ok?” I stormed home trying to drown out all perverted thoughts that could arise.

No comments:

Post a Comment