Search This Blog

Saturday, January 1, 2011

それは風のように

それは風のように ~ That's like the wind.

My new year's resolution? Create a blog and post everyday.

I've always wondered why people created blogs. Was it to share their ideas to the world? Most likely.

For me however, a blog is merely an archive for your own information, which is freely accessible to others who wish to read it. You do not write a blog for others to read; you write a blog for yourself to read.

It is a perfect test of not only composition of text, but also of time management. Much dedication is required to post everyday. Not only must you free up time to do so, but you also must have content to discuss. Obviously what is discussed and to what depth depends on the day and time of year, but if I can do at least one post a day, that is enough for me.

What is this blog about? Nothing in particular; that's like the wind. Always free to move about; a calm breeze.

So is the origin of the blog name. それは風のように (Sore wa kaze no you ni)

A more in-depth origin would link to a Key Visual Novel, CLANNAD:
 

Kyou Fujibayashi's (藤林 杏) theme was always my favorite of the Clannad girls, but personally I'll always prefer the Nagisa end. If only we could all have a Nagisa end, the world would be a better place, but sometimes we just have to take the Tomoyo After route (Not to say that the Tomoyo After is worse, but it's just a matter of preference). A really obscure metaphor that only those who've played or watched Clannad will understand.

Saturday blog posts will most likely just be a song video, mainly because my Saturday's can get hectic (My "homework" day for a lack of a better term).
But with still a few more days until Spring semester starts, I can ramble on for a bit longer.

Why do we celebrate the new year? Why do we say "Happy New Year"? I've always been a pessimist, so for me, there is nothing "happy" about a new year. Just another year full of 絶望 (Zetsubou; despair).

But we all have our "fix"; our raison d'être. If you don't, there's still plenty of time to find one. If you've lost yours, remember this:

The minute you think of giving up, think of the reason why you held on so long.

That is enough to escape a world of despair.





No comments:

Post a Comment