Search This Blog

Sunday, January 9, 2011

ラブシック スクール ガール 章二


Chapter 2: The Kappa and the Tengu

I can’t say at all that anything of interest has happened so far.  It has already been one semester and everything has remained the same as I predicted.  Every class would follow the exact same pattern.  I would arrive a bit earlier than Patchy, I would talk to Marisa about random things, and then Patchy would come walking in looking all jealous-like.  Annoying Patchy had become one of the few things that I could enjoy on a daily basis, the others being working on my doll collection and reading books.
I knew from the very beginning that Patchy was a shy person, mainly because I’m one of her only friends.  Besides having her head behind a book, there wasn’t very much that was interesting about her.  I mean if she likes Marisa so much, would it kill her to talk to her?  Then again, I probably wouldn’t allow it because of all the things that Patchy could be thinking.  I’m surprised that Marisa hasn’t noticed the constant staring after all this time, but I guess it was for the best.
“Hmm, 3.9375 GPA, same as always…” I had gotten this grade point average so many times that I remembered the number to the last decimal.
“4.0 GPA, same as always…” Patchy said with a sarcastic tone.  Obviously this was a blow directed at me, remaining second best in class.  Patchy had more bragging rights than me, but it was I who was the one that constantly reminded everyone of my awesomeness.  Patchy’s ego, as well as her perverted side would only show when talking with me.
“Just because you have a high GPA doesn’t mean you’re smart.”  I turned around and saw a blue haired girl behind me.
“Hey Nitori.” Patchy said.
“Patchy, you know this girl?” I curiously asked.
“Yep, that’s Nitori Kawashiro.  She sits at the back of our class.”
“Pleasure to meet you, I’m Alice.”  I was surprised that I never noticed Nitori until now.
“I can’t say the same for you unfortunately.” Nitori said with smirk.  “Must you always exemplify your high grades?”
“I don’t see a problem with that, if you had high grades I’m sure you would too.”
“Grades do not concern me.  They are just a numerical value based on your performance in school.  It doesn’t measure intelligence in any way.  I don’t waste my precious time on school work.  Instead, I spend it perfecting my beautiful inventions.” Nitori replied, again with that annoying smirk.
            “Why don’t you go invent something useful, like a muffler?” I told Nitori with an increased pitch.
            “Maybe I should!  Then I would be doing everyone a favor and making you shut up!”
            With that being said, we both stormed away in opposite directions, with Patchy standing there remaining confused about what just happened.  When I went back to my desk, Aya was there to greet me.
            “Well Margatroid, what’s up?” Aya asked.
            “If you’re looking for gossip, I don’t have any.” I replied.
            “Aw Alice, why you gotta be like that?  We’ve been friends since elementary school and –”
            “And you’ve remained just as annoying.” I interrupted her.  It’s true that Aya Shameimaru is one of my oldest friends, but most of the time she just bugs me for homework help.  It was either that or gossip, always with the gossip.  Aya works for the school newspaper, the Bunbunmaru, and she is always looking for something of interest to add to it.
            “Margatroid, you know Valentine’s Day is coming up right?” Aya suddenly asked.
            “Yeah, so what?
            “Planning to buy a gift for anyone?”
            “Don’t be ridiculous, I have more important affairs to worry about.” My reply was firm.
            “So you’re saying you don’t like anyone?  I never knew you were a sociopath!” Aya exclaimed loud enough for the entire class to hear.
            “What?  Who says I don’t like anyone?”
            “Ooh, so you do like someone!”
            “Wai-” But before I could reply, she had left the room.
            “SHAMEIMARU!”

No comments:

Post a Comment