Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

有機化学モデルキット

Today I had to go pick up one of these:


A standard organic chemistry model kit. It's made in Japan; that means it's some legit stuff.


It also comes with a sheet that lists all the contents, as well as what each part is supposed to represent:

Light blue - Hydrogen
Black - Carbon
Blue - Nitrogen
Red - Oxygen
Grey - m(?); no idea what that is


There's some black tube within the box, but I have no idea what it's for, and the sheet gives no information about it.

What else to do but to play with it, right?


Guess what molecule I made: Ethane

The real bummer; the kit costs $40. Although I'll probably still use it next semester for Organic Chemistry II, most likely I won't be using it more than a few times. Is it worth $40. Not really, but I guess I could sell it to an underclassman for $30 later.

No comments:

Post a Comment