Search This Blog

Saturday, May 7, 2011

遊☆戯☆王 強欲で謙虚な壺 トーナメント

There was a Pot of Duality tournament today, and a friend and I decided to enter with (nearly) identical decks.


The deck we used was Chaos Fitzgerald:



Monsters (26):

1x Blackwing – Gale the Whirlwind
2x Card Trooper
3x Chaos Sorcerer
1x Effect Veiler
1x Genex Ally Birdman
1x Glow-up Bulb
1x Gorz, the Emissary of Darkness
3x Junk Synchron
1x Lyla, Lightsworn Sorceress
3x Nimble Momonga
1x Plaguespreader Zombie
3x Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter
2x Spirit Reaper
2x Thunder King Rai-Oh

Spells (13):

1x Allure of Darkness
1x Book of Moon
1x Charge of the Light Brigade
1x Dark Hole
1x Forbidden Lance
1x Giant Trunade
1x Monster Reborn
2x Mystical Space Typhoon
2x Pot of Avarice
1x Reinforcement of the Army
1x Scapegoat

Traps (1):
1x Treacherous Trap Hole

Total: 40

Side Deck (15):

2x D.D. Crow
2x Kinetic Soldier
2x Puppet Plant
2x Bottomless Trap Hole
2x Chain Disappearance
2x Dimensional Prison
1x Mirror Force
1x Solemn Judgment
1x Torrential Tribute

Extra Deck (15):

1x Ally of Justice Catastor 5*
1x Ancient Fairy Dragon 7*
1x Arcanite Magician 7*
1x Black Rose Dragon 7*
1x Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier 6*
1x Dark End Dragon 8*
1x Formula Synchron 2*
2x Frozen Fitzgerald 5*
1x Gungnir, Dragon of the Ice Barrier 7*
1x Hundred-Eyes Dragon 8*
1x Junk Warrior 5*
1x Shooting Star Dragon 10*
1x Stardust Dragon 8*
1x Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier 9*

The point of the deck is to mill, which puts level 2 beast monsters in your graveyard as well as Light and Dark monsters to fuel Chaos Sorcerer. Junk Synchron + Ryko or Nimble Momonga in the graveyard will synchro Frozen Fitzgerald.

The side deck is trap heavy, since the use of Treacherous Trap Hole alludes the opponent into thinking that this deck runs no traps. It turns a swarm deck into a control deck.

Onto the tournament itself:

Round 1: Chaos Fitzgerald vs. FishOTK (2-0)

When I managed to discard Symbol of Heritage with Spirit Reaper's effect, I knew I was facing a FishOTK deck. Luck was in my favor, and I won the first game.

Although I didn't draw any of my sides for the second game, I still won. I managed to summon Dark Armed Dragon and finished the game quickly.

Round 2: Chaos Fitzgerald vs. Gravekeeper's (1-2)

Gravekeepers are an awful match-up, since this deck relies on the graveyard very heavily. The first game was mine because they didn't have Necrovalley, so I kept summoning Chaos Sorcerer.
Game 2 I sided in my traps, since my opponent thought I didn't run any due to Treacherous Trap Hole. Despite that, I lost second game due to Gravekeeper's Descendant destroying my set monsters.

Final game I lost due to a bad decision to Solemn Judgment their Nobleman of Crossout on my set Ryko. In retrospect, it was not worth half my lifepoints. When I thought I could have made a comeback, they activated their sided Gozen Match, thus preventing my Junk Synchron to synchro. It was their game after that.

The surprising thing about this match was that, in all three games, they never drew or used Royal Tribute.

Round 3: Chaos Fitzgerald vs. Six Samurai (0-2)

Perhaps the most pathetic match today. They won the dice roll and went first, and then did the usual Gateway of the Six + Monster spam. My hand was terrible, and I already knew it was a loss.

Game 2 I sided in my Six Samurai counters, but I opened with none of them, and on their turn, they repeated the Gateway of the Six + Monster spam. Worst part is that my Ryko milled Kinetic Soldier, Puppet Plant, and Mystical Space Typhoon; the three cards that could have helped reverse the situation. 

Things could have went a lot smoother if we had known that Extreme Victory cards were legal (3 Reborn Tengu's would have helped immensely). 

But it was a decent performance for the first time using this deck. Can definitely use more modding, but for now this is a good backbone.

No comments:

Post a Comment