Search This Blog

Friday, May 6, 2011

ボランティア 十一日目

12:27 - Half an hour early; for once I can eat lunch

1:37 - On a rainy day like this, it is obligatory for the hospital to display the wet floor warning sign

1:49 - Slow day is slow. Couldn't help the one person that wanted help so far since they were looking to visit a patient, and the part of the hospital I work in does not concern that.

1:55 - My favorite part of the job; answering their question before they even ask it. Usually people carry a familiar looking paper that I can identify, so I can just tell them where the lab is, or where to get an ECG. No psychic powers whatsoever, people's reactions seem to think otherwise.

2:49 - I swear, it doesn't matter ho big or how colorful your volunteer vest is, some people just won't realize you're a volunteer or just don't care. Why phone the hospital for directions when I'm right here?

3:14 - Someone asked me if volunteer resources was in this building. I said no and argued that it was the right address. She was half-right; she got the number right but not the street. An honest mistake really, and it's more of the hospital's fault for having two buildings with the same number.

3:33 - Apparently starting today (May 6) until May 15 and during 3:00-5:00PM is Happy Hour at Starbucks; half price for all fraps. So I paid the price of a tall and got a Venti size. This will be a fun week indeed.

Can't say anything interesting happened this shift. So not much to elaborate on.

My summer schedule means that I have to go immediately to volunteer without a lunch break. So in order to compensate, I'll have to eat lunch while commuting.

No comments:

Post a Comment